Recently defended M.A. theses:
- Russian ethnic policy in the 1990s: conceptual models and political
- Creating the space of mass media: professional practices of Russian
- The role of the non-profit sector in the development of the liberal
model of social welfare policy in contemporary Russia.
- Habitat as a social institute: Leningrad, 1918-1941.
- Formation of the party system in Russia: aspects of institutional
- Educating children in the West: reconversion strategies of the new
wealthy classes in Russia.
- Ethnicity: theoretical constructions and biographical narratives. A
case study of the Tartar community in St. Petersburg.
- The work ethic of contemporary Russian re-immigrants: a study of
values and self-fashioning practices.
- The social construction of masculinity: a case study of the “real
men’s journal” Medved’.
- Political participation of Russian women in the 1990s: the CPRF and
the Yabloko party.
- Extortion or protection? An analysis of racket gangs in the St.
Petersburg private sector.
- An Atmosphere of Reconciliation: A Theory of the Resolution of
Modern Ethnic Conflicts Based on the Transcaucasian Conflicts.
- Swedish Firms in St. Petersburg, Russia, 1992-99: The Search for a
Protected Environment in a Market Economy.
- Sources, Perspectives and Implications of Political Extremism in
Russia: A Study of Russian National Unity and the National Bolshevik
- The Constitution of the Subject in Stalinist Russia during the
- Explaining the Civil War in Tajikistan.
- Democracy on $5 a Day: Why Open Political Systems Survive in Some
- The Kommunalka. A Relentless Celebration of Separateness and
- Russian Military Reform: Planning for and in the 21st Century
- Between Anarchy and Authoritarianism - an Analysis of Civil Society
in Russia 1999 - 2002.
- Women and Work in Transitional Russia: New opportunities, legacies
of the Soviet system.
- A Comparative Analysis of Post-Imperial Policies (France in the
Post-World-War Period and Russia after the Breakup of the Soviet Union).
- Germany, Russia and 9/11 Coalition. A Social Constructivist Account
on Foreign Policy Behavior.
- Russian-Jewish Quota Refugees in Germany: Migrants' Identity Change
and the Consequences of this Immigration in Germany.
- Gender Representation and the Soviet Woman: the Crisis of Female
Identity in Late Soviet Cinema
- Analyzing Regime Change in Post-Soviet Space: A Comparative Approach
- The Current State of US-Russian Relations: Cooperation or Standoff?
- The Power that Is and the Power that Acts: Towards a Conceptual
History of Vlast’
- Modernity, Modernism, and Jewish Identity: Isaak Babel's Art in the
Politics and Philosophy of Hannah Arendt
- Russia’s Loss in Nuclear Power
- Russia’s Youth: A New Generation
- Stalin: Lenin today? The Historiographical Debate
- The Weakness of Civil Society in Russia: The Effect of State-Society
Relationships and Foreign Aid on the Capacity and Autonomy of
- The Enregy Empire? Gazprom as an Instrument of Russian Foreign
Policy in the Near Abroad
- Revamping Russian Oil: an Enduring Quest for Balance